Sunday, September 14, 2014

Food Blogger Conference and Apple Pie with Chocolate Ice Cream

Next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I am attending the 2014 International Food Blogger Conference (IFBC) in Seattle. I am so looking forward to it. Expect some extra blogs next weekend as I describe some of the events, activities, and conference sessions. I'll be blogging from the conference.

The IFBC is organized by Foodista and Zephyr Adventures. Foodista is an active community of food-lovers with the idea to share information and ideas about all things food. They have recipes, resources, and dialogue about food at www.foodista.com/  Check them out!

Zephyr Adventures organizes and operates trekking, hiking, biking, etc. tours throughout the world. In addition to these sports-related tours, they also operate food-related tours and conferences including this one, beer-related and wine-related conferences and events. Check them out at www.zephyradventures.com/

Some of the IFBC sessions I'm looking forward to involve food writing, food photography, social media - the bones of blogging if you will. There will also be presentations on new foods, new restaurant concepts, food trends, and the like; I hope to gain insight on how we may think about, prepare, and use food in the future. There will be lots of vendors and sponsors eager to share their tools, tips, techniques, and tastes with the foodie community.

If you'd like more information on the conference or see if there's a possibility of attending at the last minute, check out their website at www.foodista.com/

In the meantime, I don't have a recipe to share tonight - instead I'm telling you what we're having for dessert. I made a traditional American double-crusted apple pie; we're having a piece with a small scoop of chocolate ice cream. Trust me - it's a delicious combination! Try it the next time you have some apple pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment